In the spirit of promoting love for the Philippines and all things Filipino, I'm holding my first bloggersary contest, My Favorite Destination in the Philippines. It's also my way of extending my warmest thanks to the people who keep up with this blog no matter how indefinite my hiatus(es) at times can be. The blog has survived a year-and-a-half of occassional whines and raves (and yes, the anniversary treat is rather delayed already), and I have you, dear subscribers and readers, to thank.
Who can join? As I am pro-equal opportunity and anti-bias, everyone in the Philippines the chance to join, as long as he/she has traveled one part of the country and is a Facebook user (I mean, who isn't?).
What are the perks? One (1) grand prize winner will be chosen and shall win Free Entrance for 2 at Splash Island Resort in Laguna (worth P1,000). Splash Island passes are valid from October until January 2012.
1. Log on and like the Filipina Explorer fan page on Facebook.
2. Be a Follower through Google Friend Connect ( If you have a Facebook account, it's okay not to add me on Google Connect and vice-versa. But I'll give points for each extra effort you make to help me spread the word.)
3. Share this contest in your Facebook wall.
4. Leave a comment below this post, answering this question:
"What's your favorite travel destination in the Philippines and why?"
5. In your comment, please also indicate your full name, the URL/ link to your Facebook wall post, Facebook user ID, Google connect user ID, and your e-mail address.
6. Keep your comments meaningful but concise. Entries will be judged based on originality and substance. Extra points for following directions.
For how long will the contest run? Contest period is from September 30, 2011 to 11:59pm of October 21, 2011.
How do I know if I won? Winners will be announced within a week from the end of the contest period on Filipina Explorer's Facebook fan page and on this blog. Winners shall be contacted via the e-mail address indicated on their comment. All prizes will be mailed to the winners via courier. All shipping fees shall be shouldered by moi, of course. Prizes are transferable, but NOT convertible to cash.
Tell your friends. Join now and show Philippine love.
Want to know more about Splash Island? Check out my blog post on Splash Island HERE
*DISCLOSURE: This contest is not in any way affiliated with or paid by Splash Island, Lazer, Maybelline, and Bench (ergo, employees of the said companies can join). By joining, contestants permit FilipinaExplorer to publish their entries and names on the social networking sites indicated above.